March 20, 2013

Funny things our boys do

 

Oliver loves to give me (mommy) things. When we were walking down our driveway the other day Oliver picked up a dead leaf and said, “this is for you mommy.” When he wasn’t looking I let the leaf blow away in the wind. After Owen got on the bus and we were walking back to the house Oliver asked, “Mommy did your leaf blow away? Did you lose your leaf?” He said “don’t worry mommy I’ll get you a new one!” and proceeded to pick up a new dead leaf. I was sooooo… grateful! I thought it was so cute I had to come inside and take a picture of it. Hey it’s the thought that counts and Oliver is very thoughtful.

Present to mommy from Oliver:

DSC06690

Previous to our excursion to the bus stop Owen was trying to act “casual” and was pulling his shirt down a little. I knew he was trying to seek something to school so I told him to take it out of his pocket and that he could not bring toys to school in his pockets. So he emptied out his pocket of two marbles. I was busily trying to get things ready for him to go to school and forgot the matter until….

DSC06691

I gave him 50 cents for a drink at school and told him to put it in his pocket, when I asked him if he had he held out the money in his hand. I then proceeded to check his pockets wondering why he had not put the money in them. I proceeded to pull out about 20 marbles and 12 dice out of his pockets, but wait I noticed among those item there were 3 tiny screwdrivers in his pockets as well. (I usually keep those things together in a jar so they don’t get lost). I then proceeded to notice 3 highlighters stuck in his belt loops. I realized a full frisk down was needed and I turned him around and found 2 radios stuck in each back pocket. I had to take a picture of it all.

DSC06689

With his pockets emptied I sent him off to school, hoping that this kind of thing does not happen in high school.

I hope you have all enjoyed my little stories.

I discovered an easier way to write blogs and this one only took about 15 minutes to write. So hopefully this will motivate me to write more, but no promises. Love you all! Keep in touch.

Love, Sara

2 comments:

Shae said...

Your story about Oliver is precious. Your story about Owen is hilarious. Maybe not so funny for you, Sarah. But it did give me a great laugh during my very busy day at work. Thanks for sharing. Love you! ~Shae

Tasha said...

So funny!!