July 22, 2009

How to grow grapes...For uncle Barth!

A few weeks ago daddy and uncle Barth were talking about growing grapes from clippings of mature grape vines. I overheard their conversation and wanted to give uncle Barth a few tips...
First, you need to make sure you have water in your watering can.
If you can't see down inside, you can always try drinking some water from the spout.
Next, water the clippings that have been planted in potting soil.
Be careful to keep the roots moist, but don't oversoak them... Grapes don't need a lot of water.
When you're done, take off your clothes and do a naked "happy dance" in the backyard because you're so happy to be done!
Good luck, uncle Barth! Hope you have as much fun as I did!
Love,
Owen

3 comments:

Schumanns said...

That is so cute!!

Tasha said...

If Uncle Barth does the happy dance and gets grapes to grow, somebody better document it!

Hatt family said...

Hmmm, our grapes are starting to grow pretty well in our yard, I wonder who's been doing the happy dance out there? :)