On the last week of June aunt Natasha came up to Oregon to visit and to help us with a very special project. We are preparing to move Owen from his current room to his own room at the front of the house. We wanted to do something fun with that room and went through many different ideas before settling on a theme based on Owen's favorite book...GO, DOG! GO!
Before Natasha arrived we used transparencies and an overhead projector to trace the pictures on the walls. We also took the book down to Lowe's to custom match all the paints we used to the colors in the book. By the time Natasha arrived all that was left was to paint. It took us from Monday evening until Thirsday evening to finish. In all we estimated there were a total of 40 or more man hourse reaquired for the finished product...Most of which were put in by Natasha.
There are a lot of pictures here! They are intended to show anyone who is interested the process that was invloved. Enjoy!
Sara can multi-task!
Owen LOVES his new room, though he hasn't moved in yet because mommy is working on making him some custom GO, DOG! GO! curtains first.
This is one of the finished walls. It is probably our favorite!
You can see...Owen loves it too! Oh yeah, did you see his "race car" bed? We picked it up at a garage sale! We found it very fitting for his room based on a book about a bunch of dogs racing around in cars!

6 comments:
Wow! How fun! Owen... you are so lucky to have such an awesome room to sleep and play in.
All of you are so very talented. It took the whole team of you to complete the job. Great job! I have such a talented family. Where in the world was I when those talents were being handed out? I must have been snoozing. :P
Love you all! ~Aunt Shae
WE LOVE IT!!!! The energy emitted from these Go Dog Go pictures should help Owen wake up each morning with tons of positive energy for the day! What a creative idea the two of you had and GREAT JOB to the three of you!
I love it!! What hard work it looks like you all contributed to complete an amazing project.
SOooooooo cute! I love your theme. I love it, way to get creative Howards!
Sara I'm so glad to see this post!! Owen's room is incredible! I never would have thought to do that. What a labor of love! I do love the car bed as well. Man, I want to go garage saling! Wonderful and talented aunts are such a blessing!! I was noticing how beautiful Natasha is too!
Deven, what's up bro? How's Oregon treating you? Hey, I heard from the Campos Family the other day...they want you contact info...What's your address and phone and what not?
Post a Comment